“Tag, you’re it!”
I don’t play tag anymore, and I always despised “chain letters,” but there is an interesting exercise going around the blogosphere of late – writing up 5 things about yourself that others probably wouldn’t know, then tagging 5 others to do the same.
Karl Kapp just tagged me…and, hey, there was no threat that my spleen would be vaporized by aliens if I didn’t participate, so why not. Here goes:
1. I have five boys. I was the third of four boys. My dad was the third of three boys. I think my grandfather was one of two or three boys (don’t have the family tree handy…). Anyway, there is a certain biological destiny at work – and my third son figures he’s slated to have six boys, in order to keep the chain intact!
2. I met my wife (of 25 years now!) in Lake Placid NY one summer, where we both worked at a McDonald’s. I worked the grill, she cleaned the lobby, and I found it difficult to concentrate on my work! We used to pass notes written on french fry wrappers.
3. I once worked as a waiter in a 4-star French restaurant, and as a wine steward at a high-end Italian restaurant. I have also delivered newspapers, bagged groceries, cleaned restrooms, worked in a plastics factory, done grunt work for a mason, and served as a busboy, among other less glamorous roles!
4. I enjoy building stone walls (dry, fieldstone). A tour of our backyard* makes that quite obvious!
5. I have known 3 years of liberation from depression after decades of struggle, thanks to an amazingly effective medication from the much-maligned “Big Pharma.” (see Clearing Clouds).
I’ll go along with the meme and tag 5 others, although I don’t know if they’ve been previously tagged:
*(some of the backyard stonework – garden terraces)
Leave a Reply