This will be a stream-of-bullet-points (with some related commentary) on this conference on the use of digital technologies in pharma marketing. Session #6-
Mike Fowler, Virtual Sales Manager, Eli Lilly: Using Technology to connect Marketing and Sales.
– Need a “single view of the customer” that integrates the multitude of channels to the customer (physician, usually). SFA, fulfillment, virtual details, virtual conferences, service portals, etc. etc. – (this is a lot to try to integrate! Some Holy Grail stuff here)
– 71% of MDs users or interested in using customer service portals. Ease of use determines value and re-visit potential. (no-brainer in my mind. No-one has time for cumbersome apps).
– CardioCareLive.com – virtual conference example.
– Carpet-bomb methods of marketing generally not coordinated with sales force.
– Rep 1-to-1 tech platforms to tailor communications to individual docs. (I know this technology exists and has been rolled out somewhat; is it REALLY working?)
(there’s not a lot of Web 2.0 in this discussion – technology, yes, and some level of personalization, but not much news here).