The 2019 Dallas event will be my 23rd LTEN conference. It’s one of my favorite times of year, for renewing long-standing friendships and creating new connections.
There are a few simple hints I’ll share with you to help you make the most of your conference investment.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Really. Lots of standing and walking. Your feet will thank you later.
- Bring lots of business cards. There are exhibit hall drawings to enter, vendor connections to build, new colleague contacts to make. Whatever number of cards you think you might need, double it.
- If you want to set up a one-on-one or small group meeting, the best time for that is over breakfast. Trust me – it’s hard during the swirl of daytime and evening activities to lock down a meeting.
- If you’re attending a workshop and it’s not what you expected, just leave for another one. Your time is valuable. It’s a good idea to have an alternate workshop for each time slot, just in case.
- Download the LTEN conference app. On your mobile device, go this link https://www.ltenconference.com/app/ and login. It will make your experience so much easier. BONUS: I’ll be sharing special networking tips twice daily (early morning, late afternoon) on the app during the event.
(above is a downloadable .pdf document if you wish to share this post with your team)
During the event, if you need any advice, or help making connections with vendors and others, feel free to reach out to me anytime (Steve Woodruff on the conference app). I look forward to seeing you in Dallas!
Steve Woodruff, President, Impactiviti (& Honorary Mayor of LTEN)