As my readers know, Impactiviti is a relatively new business venture, launched in mid-July with the goal of “matching up” clients and vendors in a more intelligent and efficient manner. That the need exists, I have no doubt – after enjoying brainstorming sessions with a number of clients, and quickly bringing optimal suppliers to the table (as well as providing some expert advice and creativity), it’s obvious that the Impactiviti method of sourcing training is a winner.
Also, many vendors see the clear benefit of having a strategic partnership with Impactiviti, as new business can be found without the overhead of traditional sales expenses, with solid opportunities “pre-screened” to make sure there is a good match.
So (as I am regularly asked) – How is it going? Here’s a summary of progress so far…
– We now have established partnerships with 10 companies, for business referrals. In addition, there are informal agreements with a number of other suppliers, whose services may be needed by clients on occasion. These companies provide everything from workshops to custom modules to curriculum design to technology-based training to compliance to events to simulations to management development to…well, just about anything you’d need.
– We’ve begun working with a growing number of new clients on training needs (at both a strategic and tactical level). This has been more enjoyable than I even imagined – instead of simply coming with a limited set of offerings from one company, we can focus entirely on client needs – whatever they are – and then find the best ways to meet them.
– Some clients are now engaging Impactiviti for fee-based consulting, whereby expertise is being provided in a more traditional consultative arrangement. This allows for a deeper, more strategic relationship.
– I’ve been asked to join the newly-formed Business Advisory Board for one provider company, that has looked to me for creative marketing and business input. Other companies in the Impactiviti Preferred Provider network have enjoyed the benefit of marketing advice as part of our collaboration.
– Via conferences, e-mail, this blog, and an extensive professional network from many years in the field, the Impactiviti network of client and supplier contacts continues to grow. This enables us to increasingly be your “go-to” resource that we endeavor to be (which sometimes takes unexpected forms, such as informally helping clients with career changes…!)
– Back in July, a Google or Yahoo search on the word “Impactiviti” would have yielded…nothing. Now – well, try it for yourself!
So, all-in-all, a productive launch after 5 months! Thanks to all who have provided words of support and encouragement along the way, and especially the clients and partners who see the value of putting Impactiviti to work on their behalf!
Jane Chin says
Outstanding for 5 months! Congratulations for taking the plunge. I’ve found the rewards are many times worth the fright of the dive.
Lori Kavle says
You have come a long way in such a short time! Congratulations on your success and looking forward to a long and prosperous partnership.