About this time of year, folks in pharma/biotech/med device sales training departments are deciding whether or not they should attend the annual SPBT (Society of Pharmaceutical and Biotech Trainers) conference.
The answer is Yes! How’s that for making it simple?
I’ve attended for about 15 years, through all the recent industry ups and downs, and I believe that this conference provides unique value. Here’s why:
- We all need cross-pollination. Believe it or not, your company is not (and cannot be) on the leading-edge of everything, including training best practices, technology, and new approaches. At SPBT, you get an eyeful of what else is being done in the industry.
- We all need broader networks. The people you meet at the SPBT conference may very well play a major role in your next job, or your next hire. There is no better concentration of colleagues than at SPBT.
- We all need to step away. One of the most valuable aspects of conferences for me is the chance to put aside the day-to-day, and think about things from a more creative and strategic perspective. I’ll bet you have the same experience.
- We all need to see what’s new in the marketplace. The vendor/partners are there to show you what is possible, and if there’s one word I think you should have front-and-center in your mind this year, it’s this: iPad.
- Face time. That’s pretty much woven throughout all of the points above. Since my role is the Pharmaceutical Connection Agent, that’s the huge deal – meeting with people, introducing people to each other, bringing vendors and clients together – there’s no other place like it.
So, GO. Here’s the link to register. And, there’s a new bonus this year – the last day of the conference has special full-day deep-dive sessions on concentrated topics (I’m leading one of the workshops, on Vendor/Project Success). Don’t miss signing up for one of these, and especially think about them for your mid-level or junior-level staffers.
Sign up for the Impactiviti Connection weekly e-newsletter (see sample), chock full of news and resources for pharmaceutical professionals
Get the Impactiviti overview
Leave a Reply